Nuclear Medicine: By Appointment Only
Nuclear Medicine Imaging is a specialty within the field of medical imaging. The patient is given a small amount of a radioactive isotope which is attached to a specialized pharmaceutical that allows a gamma camera to view the functioning of internal organs. Nuclear Medicine is one of the most widely used methods for detecting early signs of certain diseases.
Exercise Cardiolite Test: ( Link to Exercise description)
Persantine Cardiolite Test: (Link to Persantine description)
Dobutamine Cardiolite Test: (Link to Dobutamine description)
Muga test: (Link to Muga description)
Nuclear Medicine Preparation:
*If you are pregnant, breast feeding, or suspect pregnancy, please notify the technologist before your test.*
- No food 2 hours prior to the test, water or juice is permitted.
- Please do NOT consume any coffee, tea, de-caffeinated tea/coffee, caffeinated pop, or chocolate for 24 hours prior to test.
- Take medications as normal, unless instructed to do otherwise by your doctor.
- Do not take Viagra, Levitra, or Cialis for 72 hour prior to test.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for walking on the treadmill. Please wear a bra with no underwire in it.
- Bring all your medication, including puffers, with you..
Link to formal Instruction Sheet: (Cardiolite Test Instruction Sheet)