We are a Cardiology and Diagnostic Radiology group located in Peterborough, the greater Kawartha cottage country region. Whether you choose to live footsteps from downtown or on a serene lake, the cost of living throughout the Peterborough Region is more affordable than in other urban and suburban areas in the province. And with one of the province’s shortest average commute times, you will spend less time in traffic and more time enjoying life with your family. And being within an easy hour drive from Toronto, you can have the best of both worlds.
As a busy general cardiology practice, we are looking for another partner for delivering quality cardiology care to our community. Duties would include general consultations and follow-ups. There is reporting of various echo modalities including treadmill and dobutamine. For those qualified in nuclear medicine reporting, we are also an IHF facility with a new Gamma camera for nuclear cardiology services onsite. There is a busy Digital Holter reporting service here with three channel reporting.
All of our charts and test reporting are electronic medical records. Full clerical and billing support is provided with an opportunity to join a vibrant medical group in the community. We offer a generous split of the professional billing collected. If the candidate so chooses, there is opportunity for partnership tract as well. We look forward to growing our medical family.
Please contact Dr Mahim’s office directly at Fax 705 – 876-4601, Phone 705-876-4600.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Peterborough, ON Temporary
Position: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Status: Temporary Casual (4-5 days per month)
Dept: Nuclear Medicine
Site: Apex Diagnostic Services, Peterborough, Ontario.
Posted: May 23rd, 2018
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: November 2019Qualifications:
- Candidates must be a Canadian Citizen.
- Candidates must possess certification in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized academic institution and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
- Candidates must be registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Current BCLS CPR certification
- Proof of current police criminal record check
- Access to own transportation
- CBMD certification through the OAR would be an asset.
- Performs diagnostic nuclear medicine imaging procedures independently, in a fasted paced environment.
- Preference to candidates with experience in nuclear cardiology imaging requiring exercise or chemical stress testing, resting ventricular function studies, as well as Bone Mineral Density studies.
- Ensures all quality control procedures are performed as required, including maintaining proper records.
- Preparing reports as required, maintaining all records for compliance with CNSC regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking, and problem solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
Please contact Apex Diagnostics directly at Phone 705 – 874-6660, Fax 705-874-6665.